Colonel “Dato” Ajay Ahlawat
16th Cavalry & 61st Cavalry
- Birthplace – Village – Gochh I, District – Rohtak, Haryana. India.
- Schooling – The Punjab Public School, Nabha, Punjab
- Family background – Great Grandfather, Grandfather & Father were all in the army, The family has and continues to serve the Indian army for last five Generations. Father was the Aide de camp for Mrs. Indira Gandhi. Prime Minister of India.
- The family has served The Rissala, The Skinners Horse [1st Horse], The 63rd Cavalry, The 67 Armoured Regiment, The 16 Cavalry & The 61 cavalry, for last 5 generations.
- Younger brother, Colonel Vija y Ahlawat continues to serve the army.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat commissioned into the Indian army after 5 years of training at the National Defence Academy Khadkaswala, Pune and the Indian Military Academy at Dehradun in 1989. Served the Indian army for over 23 years before taking voluntary Premature retirement in 200 9.
Military Career profile
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has served the Indian Army from 1984 to 2009 [23 years].
- Col Ajay Ahlawat has served, operated and commanded troops in battle conditions in Srilanka, J&K, Punjab & Rajasthan.
- Col Ajay Ahlawat has been trained on battle tanks and is an Instructor on Armoured tank gunnery.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has been an instructor at the prestigious Indian Military Academy, and Officer Training School, Chennai, and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (IAS) Academy Mussorrie.
Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has fired Missiles – Master marksmen, trained in handling and use o f nuclear weapons.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat trained in Unarmed/Armed combat & Bomb Disposal, flying helicopters & light aircraft.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat trained in Jungle and Mountain Warfare including extreme survival & camouflage. Being instructor at the guerrilla warfare school in Indonesia, (Kopassus), Attended the High Altitude Warfare school,(HAWS).
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has been a Polo & Equestrian promotion officer for the state of Maharashtra, Gujarat & Goa for three years.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has Incorporated & headed the Indian Army Mission Olympics Cell in Delhi for 3 Yrs.
Colonel Ajay Ahlawat revived polo and riding activity at Indian military academy, the RIMC, Dehradun and Western Command Chandimandir.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has been an instructor at the IAS Training academy Mussorrie from 20 01 to 2004
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has been an active part of & led a number of Super Specialist Operations carried out in the interest of the nation.
- Honorary Colonel of the Kopassus –Indonesian Army special forces and have trained them in the art of special operations missions, such as direct action, unconventional warfare, sabotage, counter-insurgency, counter-terrorism, and communications.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat has been visiting Instructor at the top Military training academies Sandhurst, Tidworth & SAM Missiles training center -Pembrokeshire-Wales.
Awards and commendations
- The officer has been awarded the prestigious Army Commanders Commendation card on three different occasions.
- The officer has been given the Rajasthan Pratibha Award by the Rajasthan govt for excellence in sports.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat awarded the title of DATO [SIR] by the Sultan of Johor, Malaysia in 2004
- Col Ajay Ahlawat awarded by the State of Haryana for excellence in sports.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat awarded the Special Honorary Award by the Commander in chief of the Indonesian commando forces (KOPASSUS) in 2005.
- Col Ajay Ahlawat awarded HIND RATTAN award in 2009.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat appointed President – International Police Association for India. (http://rusipa.ru/)
- President – International Police Centre (INTERPOL) for India. (http://interpolcenter.com/)
Achievements in Sports
- Ajay Ahlawat as represented the country in over forty countries including America, United Kingdom, Switzerland, South Africa, Scotland, Jordan, Australia, Zimbabwe, Dubai, Poland, Abu Dhabi, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nepal, Italy, Argentina, France, Spain, Mexico, Turkeministan, China, Afganistan, Brazil, Austria, Hongkong, Morrocco, Vietnam. Korea.etc.
- Ajay Ahlawat as been awarded the most valuable Polo player on numerous occasions abroad.
- Col Ajay Ahlawat has represented the Indian Army and the Country since the 1989-till date
- Ajay Ahlawat has been playing a member of the National team since 1991 until 2010.
- Has represented the country in three-World cup championships, the only Indian army officer to achieve this distinction.
- Obtained instructor grading in the most prestigious & toughest equestrian course in the world- All Arms Equestrian Course- Meerut.
- Four-time winner of the most prestigious trophy in India The President cup, Five-time winner of the Indian Open Polo Championship.
- Have excelled in the field of golf, shooting, mountain climbing, rally driving, Paragliding, Hunting with the Falcons and training of dogs and horses.
- Master of daredevil riding, and has broken and trained over 200 horses for the specialized use of polo and Equestrian events.
- Has played Polo on the private teams of H.H. Prince Charles, Sultan of Malaysia, Sultan of Brunei, Cartier, Rolex, Audi, Maserati, & other top companies for a number of years.
- Has been an active part of the supergene Jatropha plant research and studies with leading scientists in the world.
- Has done extensive studies on flora and fauna and been actively involved in the plantation of millions of different kind of trees and vegetation in wastelands across the country.
- Has carried out detailed studies and research on antiques in terms of jewelry, books, paintings, coins, weapons, medals & furniture. Specializes in Mughal art & artifacts.
- Ajay Ahlawat can speak, write or understand the following languages Persian, Hindi, English, Punjabi, Bengali, Malay, Italian, Spanish.
- Have undertaken advanced level research on Jatropha and Palm oil plantation of the high yielding variety.
- Have undertaken detailed studies on the Tiger research in India and continue to be an active part of the tiger revival movement of India.
- Ajay Ahlawat has successfully assisted and acquired large land holdings for international companies like Crescent Heights from the USA, and Top Multinational companies in Delhi, Mumbai, Rajasthan and Haryana.
- Carried out detailed research on the Heritage buildings, Castles, Forts/Garhs & Havalies of India (Rajasthan, Haryana in particular) and in the process of renovating three heritage properties in Jaipur, Sariska, Kufri-Shimla & Bharatpur as boutique heritage hotels.
- Creating the first polo/adventure resort (Sporting high-end community living) in the country spread over 70 acres. Work in full progress in Sariska, Rajasthan.
- Colonel Ajay Ahlawat founder of the Rissala Polo Club, having a presence at the ITC Classic Golf Resort-Gurgaon, Sariska-Rajasthan, Malaysia, Odessa-Ukraine, Morocco & Austria with Rissala Polo team playing at national and international levels.
- Involved with top scientists across the world to develop the ultimate personal weapon & ammunition systems.
- Has been supporting India’s oldest NGO – JEEVAN NIRMAN SANSTHAN-BHARATPUR for girl children & Specially-abled children, in existence since 1954.
- Founder of the Rissala Polo Camp, located at Tiger Reserve-Sariska, Rajasthan.
- Ajay Ahlawat founded & developed the first Indian organic cow dairy in Sariska, Over 1500 cows presently producing Appx 40,000 liters of milk daily thus supporting local villages in self-employment. & expanding to set up of another hi-tech organic milk from Desi cow dairy in Sariska.
- Supporting local village games-Kabbadi & girl child computer education in Sariska. State level Kabbadi matches held in Gochhi-Haryana every year. Computer labs in two villages.
- “Rissala Green’s” is a venture which has been brought into the country from Israel by the Colonel to bring a revolution in fodder system of the country. It’s a nonprofit Hydroponic support system to ensure top end fodder for Equines and milking animals.
- Involved in the development – testing and acquiring of a top end patented bulletproof vest for transfer of technology rights for India from B-Max-Italy.
- A joint venture between HDZS(China)-Rissala to introduce the top end solar systems into the country. Our company COSMIC ENERGY( solarizeindia.com) carrying out setting up of large-scale industrial solar conversions in Agra, Yamunanagar, Nagaland, Sariska and across the country.
- Setting up the first private Army training camp for civilians, with an introduction for them to firearms, etiquettes, chivalry, communication skills, self-defense, obstacle courses, drill, jungle/desert survival, riding, swimming.etc (on lines of the National Defense/Indian military Academies), with training conducted by the top commando & NSG instructors.
- Rissala Laminates, Market leaders in the Laminate industry with an international manufacturing facility based in Behror-Rajasthan. (rissala.co.in)
- Rissala Polo & Organic Farm, Rissala Polo & Organic Farms – Ayurvedic & Wellness Camp- We are in the process of setting up an International Ayurvedic & Wellness Camp in Karnal – Haryana, Spread over 350 Acres – about 1.5 hr drive from Delhi & 1 hr drive from Chandigarh. we have created an international level Polo clubhouse & polo ground for our horse polo matches & are in the process of making 10 high-end luxurious cottages & 15 farmhouses on the farm. We are based alongside river Yamunaji & our organic farm is spread over 350 acres with beautiful trees & fruit orchids. We wish to provide top & spa treatments, Holistic and Spiritual Yoga and fitness & other facilities at Rissala Polo & Organic Farms – Ayurvedic Wellness Camp. Rissala Polo & Organic Farms, as the name suggests, wishes to
offer Polo & World class Equestrian facilities, organic food, traditional village life, various types of Ayurvedic treatment specialized massages, to both in-house guests & visitors. We want to offer treatment for routine ailments & plan to expand in the next stage as well to chronic diseases, we will offer specialized therapeutic treatments to maintain good health in the next stage. At Rissala Polo & Organic Farms, we wish that the lifestyle & therapeutic programs are directed towards curing not just the symptoms of the disease, but the basic health problems or imbalances.
- RISSALA POLO & ORGANIC FARMS- Sariska – Karnal – Kufri – Plassey, Bengal – Nagaland & Meghalaya.
(Rissala – dictionary meaning- a group of disciplined armed, horse-mounted warriors)
We are a team of army officers/ Polo players/businessmen & most importantly friends, whose families have served the Indian army for over 5 generations & have represented the country internationally in over 90 countries and played for the country in 3 world cup polo championships. We as a team have got into progressive agriculture farming for the last 3 years and developed organic farms in Sariska – Karnal – Delhi & Kufri, and in the process of developing 8500 acres of top Agri land in Kolkata along with the most illustrious and respected family – The Khaitan’s, 1700 Acres of Organic land in Guhawati – Meghalaya with the Khasi Tribals and 500 acres of ginger with the Sema tribe warriors, with tribe leader & Minister Khekhao Sema as local partner.
Rissala farms in Delhi is spread over 15 acres, Sariska-200 acres, Karnal 300 privately owned & 1200 acres of leased land for 30 yrs, Kufri 30 acres and (Calcutta 8500 acres, Nagaland 500 acres & Meghalaya 1700 acres under process. We are in the process of setting up a silage business to cater to Appx 10,000 cows and a few selected dairy farms in India and for export purpose to UAE and Oman). We plant & produce high return organic crops like – Stevia, Aleovera, Lemongrass, Tulsi, maize for large silage purposes, & other organic products like Potatoes, Ginger, Maize, Wheat, Pulses, Rice, Sugarcane, Beetroot, Alfa-Alfa, vegetables on contract farming for national and international companies.
Fruit Orchids- We have also planted fruit & other important species of tree jungles where few acres of land is converted into jungles with various kinds of trees growing together in close proximity and fruit orchids. We have planted fruit tree orchid, mainly Guava, Lemons, Litchi, Papaya & Chikoo. we have earmarked 500 acres for this purpose.
We have a dairy farm in Sariska spread over 120 acres producing organic milk to the tune of 40,000 liters every day and we sell the same under two brands – Rajdarbar & Rissala Organics (Premium brand). We also produce Cow Ghee, Curd, Organic Honey, and many other Agri products. Our second dairy is under development and will produce 10,000 liters of organic milk by Oct 2018.
Please find below the link to the website and Facebook page for more info:
THE AIM IS TO MAKE MONEY & ALSO TO BRING DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESSIVE ORGANIC AGRICULTURE PRACTICES COMBINED WITH TRADITIONAL & HITECH MECHANIZATION IN THE COMMUNITY & HELP FAMILIES ACROSS THE AREA BY BEING A ROLE MODEL OF SUCCESSFUL SUSTAINABLE ORGANIC FARMING. WALKING THE TALK!!!